This blog aims to engage in a conversation about how mission and confession cohere and are exemplified in our ecclesiastical contexts.
Often, it is supposed that there are ‘confessional’ and ‘missional’ wings in denominations (I am mainly thinking of certain Reformed and Presbyterian bodies), and these tribes duke it out for cultural DNA victory and paradigm dominance. However, it seems that a biblically balanced church will be zealous in both its confession and its mission.
I plan to blog about important topics such as:
- What does it mean to be confessional?
- What does it mean to be missional?
- What is contextualization and is it biblical?
- Church growth and multiplication
- Preaching and teaching
- Rhythms of mission and discipleship
- Church planting and church revitalization strategies
- Invoking one’s confessional heritage while on mission
I encourage feedback and dialogue in the comments section. This is an important conversation to have as we trek on into the 21st century missional frontier.